So often we tell ourselves we CAN’T do things. We make excuses. I can’t do that, I am not in good enough shape, I can’t afford it, I am too busy, I work too much, the timing isn’t right.
What we are actually saying is: I don’t want to do that, getting in shape and being healthy is not a priority, I am not worth the investment, I have more important things to spend my money on, I have better things to do, it isn’t worth the effort.
Yes – we all have those moments when we make excuses for why we can’t do something. No matter what it is, something to do with health and fitness, your job, or any other life altering decision, it seems we always look for excuses why we “can’t”. Next time you are making excuses as to why you can’t do something – stop and think about it if is because you can’t – or because you won’t? If it is something that you truly don’t want to do then maybe it isn’t an excuse. But if it something that is going to get you closer to your goals then it is probably an excuse. Maybe you are scared, maybe you are nervous, maybe you are just unsure.
I wonder what it would be like to lived in a world of “I can’s”. I can because I am important. I can because I want to lead a healthier life, I can because I want to be my own boss, I can because I want financial freedom, I can because I will be a better spouse, parent and friend if I am happy and healthy. And most of all, I can because I WANT to, so I will do what I need to do and I will just make it work. It may not be easy, but it will be worth it!
It is time to stop making excuses and start doing things that are going to get you closer to your goals in life. Sometimes you need to make sacrifices and take chances in order to be the best you that you can be. And remember…YOU ARE WORTH IT, and YOU ARE IMPORTANT!
Here are some ways that you can work on telling yourself you can!
1) Imagine yourself doing it. What would your life be life if you took the chance? How would it be better? Dream of all of the possibility and how your life would change for the better if you were to do it.
2) What is the worst thing that could happen? Is it a risk that you are able to take? Is it a risk you are willing to take? Some of the greatest successes come from taking the biggest risks.
3) Take care of yourself. If you feel good about yourself, you will feel more confident. Shower, do your hair, do your makeup, dress up, get out of your sweat pants. Feel good about yourself and you will be more likely to take a chance on things that could better your life.
4) What is holding you back? If it’s money, then how can you save or will this opportunity be able to change your financial situation? If it’s time, then what can you sacrifice to make time for this opportunity? If it is because you don’t feel that the time is right, then you need to think about if the time will ever be right?
5) The more you tell yourself you can, the more likely you are to do it and be successful at it. It works the opposite way as well. The more you tell yourself you can’t, the more likely you are to fail. Try directing your thoughts to being positive and telling yourself you can and see how your life changes! Think of all of the things you have told yourself you can’t do over the years, and where you may be if only you had told yourself you can and taken a risk or went out of your comfort zone.
6) Focus your thoughts and energy on what you want to do and can do whether than what you can’t do or don’t want to do. If you haven’t watched or read The Secret – I would highly recommend it!
7) Don’t be too hard on yourself! You are worthy of love. You deserve success and financial freedom. You are worth the time and energy to get in shape and learn proper nutrition. Yo DO deserve happiness. You can change your circumstances and you can change the path your life is on. You CAN change your current situation by changing the way you think and the way you talk to yourself. Let yourself dream and let yourself take chances.
8) I am capable. Sometime we need to remind ourselves that we are capable of things much bigger than what we are currently doing. We are just as capable of following our dreams and reaching for the stars as people who are successful and financially stable. We just need to believe we CAN!
“Most people would rather be certain they’re miserable, than risk being happy.”
Never tell yourself you can’t. Get up every morning and tell yourself you can!