I have to admit – It isn’t always easy to get motivated and STAY motivated when leading a healthy lifestyle!
One of my favourite sayings is “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to START to be great!
Here are some tips for staying motivated!
1) Make it a priority and a non-negotiable. Don’t give yourself an option. Just do it! You make time for your kids, and your housework, and your spouse…so who deserves it more than you? Ditch the excuses and work towards excellence.
2) Find something you enjoy! If you hate running, then don’t run! If you love to dance, find a program that allows you to dance! There are so many programs out there and there really is something for everyone!
3) Reward yourself! Set a goal and reward yourself when you reach that goal. You may want to start with a weekly goal to make it easier to achieve. Also, choose a reward that will motivate you!
4) Track your progress. As much as we don’t like to do before pictures and measurements, they are SO important for seeing results.
5) Find Support – Join me in a Challenge group! Find a workout partner or an accountability partner. Having someone to stay accountable to makes a huge difference! I would be more than happy to be your Free coach and add you into my free accountability group.
6) Stay away from the scale! Don’t weight yourself everyday! Weight fluctuates day to day, and weighing yourself too frequently can get discouraging. My recommendation is to weigh yourself no more than once a week. You are more likely to see results in that time period and that can really help with your motivation. And remember – the scale does not define you. How you look and feel is far more important than the number of the scale.
7) Buy a pair of pants or a bathing suit that you would love to fit into and hang it in your closet or somewhere where you will see it often. When you see it, it will motivate you to keep going and to work towards your goal of fitting into it!
8) Connect yourself with positive, uplifting and supportive people. Follow people on social media who are working towards their own goals and who will support you in your goals. Set goals for yourself and BELIEVE in yourself.
I hope you found these tips for staying motivated helpful! If you would like to join one of my Challenge Groups contact me today!